Monday, August 13, 2012

I'm Back

     I've been away awhile... actually quite a long while... 2 months short of 1 year absence. I wanted to write about a lot of things like american idol, summer in the Philippines, my zit, my son's moving up ceremony to grade 1, etc etc etc.  My literary muse left me for a time so i ended up just talking to myself.  And playing fb games of course.
     Let's see, let me begin with something that's been bothering me for sometime.   My zit.  Well, not really acne, but my less than porcelain-like skin. Yeah so i'm vain, so is my helper, who isn't?  At least i'm realistic, i do not aim for Gretchen Barretto's face, though it's my wish upon falling stars, but i would really like to have invisible pores and smooth glowing skin sans make-up.  Unfortunately, i am allergic to most products, either makeup or cleansers, which is frustrating.  And my derma visits have been few and far between because i haven't been satisfied with the results of late.
       Pre-baby,  i had dewy, rosy skin courtesy of Let's Face It, but i can't achieve the same results with the same products now, 7 seven years later.  Is my skin tougher, i wonder? I tried diamond facials and glycolic peels with another derma, plus the nightly ritual which i dislike, but my pores still stare at me.  When i tried the trial kit from Avon, they really are affordable and they worked for my officemates, i grew zits the size of mung beans!  No Fair! So I shifted to Neutrogena blackhead eliminating cooling toner hopefully to tighten these stubborn pores, but without luck.  My son, while watching a tv commercial suggested that i try Pond's so i wont look old.  It bothered me that he didnt want me to look old even if i should have been more disturbed that he knew about Ponds' in the first place.

     Anyways, I've been using Pond's clear solutions anti bacterial facial scrub with herbal clay for three days now.   Good news, no zits. Less oil.  Open pores, Check. Will get back to you in a week.  Meantime, off to mundane things like work.











     

No comments:

Post a Comment