Sunday, September 25, 2011

First Times

Yoohoo!

I am now a woman of the world!
I am empowered!
I am free!
And i owe it all to blogging...

Yeah yeah so its my first time.. No big deal. You've all had your firsts.. Let me enjoy mine. 
First times are mostly fun, its always a heady feeling to have tried and conquered  something new. Like a new badge to brag about.  There wouldnt be seconds and thirds without a first.  There is even a saying that goes, the firstborn is always borne out of love, the rest are borne out of habit. 

I think its mostly good to try things at least once. Except for drugs where once is never enough. I have a fear of heights, not so much of a phobia because i have no problems with plane rides.  But bungee jumping, hang gliding, parachuting, even the skywalk and roller coaster in a Cebu Hotel are a different matter.  There ws this time I tried to cross a hanging rope  bridge that was just tooo long, tooo high and tooo swingy.  I imagined myself falling to the raging river below.  Ok, so it wasnt raging, i don't think it was even that deep. But i'd have probably fainted from the drop alone.  And this guy friend of mine kept swinging the ropes to and fro, despite my strangled pleas for him to stop.  My lunch almost landed on his laughing face. Guess what?  We're not friends anymore!

I was as pale as i could ever get, cold sweat running in rivulets down my back. And then, along came this kid, who crossed it on a bike, "look ma, no hands" and smirking at me that its okay.   I wanted to scold him, where are your manners boy! I wanted to push him off the bridge!  Good thing i was frozen in place barely controlling my bladder, laughter and tears.    Mind over matter just didnt work that time.  And the other times after that.   And the really funny thing is i was only a few steps from the landing.  Well maybe next time.

NOT!




1 comment: